Saturday, January 22, 2011

Travel Town

January 10, 2011



Off on an adventure to Griffith Park area – Travel Town – where there are many old trains to observe, and old train shed house, and a little electric train that chugs children and their parents around the perimeter of the grounds.  Entry into this park is free and the experience is …priceless watching our boys light up with excitement over these amazing vehicles of the past.

Liza and Lucas Angier journey out with us today.  What is it about trains & boys?  Jake know many of the trains parts, of course, I can only think of three right now – obviously I don’t have that train-boy gene – the tender, the coupler, the funnel.  These are everyday household words used in our home.  I love having this time with Jake and our friends to explore, learn and have fun.  Liza read about an oil fire that happened on December 7, 1898 that Jake was fascinated by.  He is still asking me questions about that fire.  I should have paid more attention.  It’s funny; I didn’t even think he was listening to her read that plaque in front of that old oil fire-truck.  Hmmm.  Just goes to remind me that learning is always happening even when it’s not explicitly being taught.  We’ll have to look up the details of that famous fire on the Internet.  We always enjoy hanging out with our Angier friends!

Little Henry Siebert and Mom, Tara, came over after our trains visit for an afternoon of play.  Henry is 2 ½ and has named his soon to be sister, Booger Flower.  Cute! Huh?  It is feminine.  I think these two boys got almost every toy in the house out.  They had a BLAST together!  And I like chatting it up with Tara.

No comments:

Post a Comment