Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crystal Cove

January 13, 2011



Crystal Cove Beach is gorgeous and I’m grateful to work just 3-minutes up the road from this breathtaking beach.  After a day of teaching 3rd grade, this is the perfect spot to relax and exercise.  We own a parking-pass to California State Parks that I use to park in the lot here.  From the lot, I journey down to the sand, ditch the shoes, and walk barefoot down this awesome path of soft sand that leads into the beginning of Laguna Beach.  The trip back and forth is usually about an hour plus and this time of the year it’s usually dark by the time I get back to the car.  The sunset is beautiful and I’ve never walked here without spying some dolphin parallel swimming up the coastline.
       Today, I’m walking with my friend Stina, who is very pregnant and nesting to get ready for her baby girl due in February.  It’s so fun to share this exciting journey with her.  We prayed for years for her and her husband, Samuel, to be blessed with a baby.  And now she is on her way!  I can’t wait to meet that precious baby girl.  I’m thankful for God hearing and answering our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment